Find Answers to Your Questions about Estate Planning, Mineral Rights, and More!
Estate Planning Resources
Answers to the most common questions about estate planning
What is estate planning?
Estate planning involves making legal arrangements for the management and distribution of your assets during your life and after your death.
Why is estate planning important?
Estate planning is crucial for controlling your assets, planning for incapacity, minimizing taxes, ensuring your wishes are followed, and protecting your children.
Do I need a will?
Yes, a will is essential as it outlines your preferences for asset distribution and guardianship of minor children.
What happens if I don’t have an estate plan?
Without an estate plan, there can be legal complications, disputes among family members, and the state determines how your assets are distributed and who will take care of your kids.
How often should I update my estate plan?
Review and update your estate plan regularly, especially after major life events such as marriage, divorce, births, deaths, or other significant life and financial changes.
What is the role of a Power of Attorney?
A Power of Attorney designates someone to make financial or medical decisions on your behalf if you are not able to do so.
More Resources for Mineral Owners
Information on How to Manage Your Mineral Rights
How can Kinney Law Office help me with my mineral rights?
- Lease review and analysis to know you are getting the best deal
- Negotiation strategy sessions to boost your confidence when talking with oil and gas companies
- Timely information to help you make the best decisions for your family and your minerals
- Thought provoking articles and analysis
- Information on estate planning, mineral rights, and more
- Exclusive subscriber invitations to webinars and other benefits